LOGIN
GO
Skip Navigation Links

FIDUCIAN GEARED AUSTRALIAN SHARES FUND

 

The Fiducian Geared Australian Shares Fund gives investors the opportunity to utilise a modest level of gearing built into the structure of the Fund to leverage exposure to the Australian share market. This Fund spreads investment between two specialist geared share fund managers as well as including exposure to the Fiducian Australian Shares Fund and the varied specialist managers within that fund. Australian shares as an asset sector can deliver high returns over long periods of time, but can also show sharp and significant fluctuations in value, up or down, over short intervals. These fluctuations would tend to be increased, both up and down, by the inclusion of gearing within the structure of the Fund. This Fund also allows investors to participate in Australia’s economic growth and enables Australian resident investors to benefit from favourable tax treatment accompanying franked earnings of Australian shares.

Each of the two external managers has a target allocation of 25% of total investment in the Fund, with a range of 15% to 40%. This level of asset allocation within the Fund would provide investors with a moderate overall level of gearing (of around 25% to 30% on average). Investors in the Fund should experience a lower average level of volatility than they would experience if invested in either of the underlying geared share funds due to the non-geared balance of the investment in the Fiducian Australian Shares Fund.

Product Disclosure Statement

Latest Returns

Fund Commencement
October 2003.

Benchmark and Aim
The relevant market index is the S&P/ASX 300 Accumulation Index. The objective is to magnify returns from capital growth by borrowing to invest in securities listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. The Fund aims to exceed the benchmark (after fees) over rolling 5-year periods.

Asset Allocation (31 December 2016)

Underlying Portfolio Managers

Following are the current panel of investment managers as selected by Fiducian’s Investment Team. They have met the stringent requirements of Fiducian’s ‘Manage the Manager System’ and are continuously monitored by Fiducian’s Investment Team. The team tactically re-weights between the investment managers on the basis of detailed economic, market and fund performance analysis. Investment managers may be replaced from time to time at the discretion of the Fiducian Investment Team.

 
   
 

 

The information on the Fiducian website is not intended to be a recommendation, offer, or invitation to invest. Any advice is general in nature and does not take into account your investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs. You should consult your Financial Planner for advice and consider the disclosure document for each product before making investment decisions.

Fiducian Services Pty Limited ABN 41 602 437 892 on behalf of Fiducian Portfolio Services Limited RSE L0001144, and Fiducian Investment Management Services Limited AFSL 468211

| CONTACT US | PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS & CONDITIONS |